Buddee Group Pty Limited ABN 48 615 809 857, trading as buddee fitness, (buddee fitness, we, us, our) is an Australian based services provider . We provide an online marketplace, which connects Clients and Fitness Service Providers together to engage in the relevant Exercise Service. We understand the importance of, and are committed to, protecting your personal information.
- Key terms
“App” means the buddee fitness app, the website available at https://www.buddee.fitness/ and any other platform, including the tools and/or other devices, of buddee fitness and its affiliated companies and business partners on or through which the services or products are available.
“Client” means a person who completes buddee fitness account registration process to book a Fitness Professional.
“Fitness Professional” or “Fitness Service Provider” means a trainer who can provide the exercise services sought by the Client and who is accepted by buddee fitness to be offering Exercise Services via the App.
- How we collect your personal information
We will collect and hold your personal information in a fair and lawful manner, and not in an intrusive way. Where it is reasonably practical to do so, we will collect your personal information directly from you. We may collect personal information through some of the following means:
- when you use the App;
- when you register with buddee fitness;
- when you make or accept an enquiry or booking in relation to services or products through our App;
- when you post comments or feedback on Fitness Service Providers or Clients through our App;
- when you contact a Fitness Service Provider or Client, as the case may be, to arrange Exercise Services;
- in administering, performing or managing bookings with our Fitness Service Providers or other third parties;
- when you contact us, including via telephone or email ;
- when you provide us with information in response to direct marketing or customer satisfaction and market research surveys;
- in the course of administering or providing any of our services or products;
- when you apply for employment with us; and
- as otherwise required to manage our business.
However, in certain cases we may collect personal information from publicly available sources and third parties, such as suppliers, recruitment agencies, contractors and our clients and business partners.
If we collect personal information from a third party we will, where appropriate, inform you that we are holding such information, how we will use and disclose it, and that you may contact us to gain access to, correct and update the information.
- Types of personal information we collect
The types of personal information we may collect and hold about you will depend on a range of circumstances, including who you are and which of our services and products you are looking to access or use.
Generally, the personal information we collect can include your name, age, date of birth, gender, email, postal and work addresses, phone numbers, and billing and financial information (such as your banking or payment information, credit card number, cardholder name and expiration date). You may also provide us with a photo to be associated with your buddee fitnessaccount.
We also collect non-identifiable information about your hardware and software. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses.
Depending on the buddee fitness services you use, and your App settings or device permissions, we may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and WiFi. Buddee Fitness may collect location information when the App is running in the foreground, and while the App is running in the background. Users may use the App without enabling Buddee Fitness to access location information; however this may affect the functionality available to you through the App.
You may deal with us anonymously or pseudonymously where practicable as a Client, but if you do not provide us with the personal information we request from you, we may not be able to supply the services or products you have requested, or we may be restricted in the way we supply those services or products. Fitness Service Providers may not deal with us anonymously or pseudonymously.
- Our purposes for handling your personal information
We collect and use personal information about Clients and Fitness Service Providers, primarily to introduce them to each other for the sake of Clients engaging Fitness Service Providers.. We do not sell, rent or lease your personal information to third parties.
A failure by you to provide information requested by us may mean that we are unable to provide some or all of our services to you.
As a general rule, we only process personal information for purposes that would be considered relevant and reasonable in the circumstances. In particular, we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information:
- to offer and provide you with services and products, or request feedback about services and products you have received;
- to manage and administer those services and products;
- to provide your information to a service provider or Client you have engaged with using our App to enable them to provide or receive the relevant services;
- to provide you with information about promotions, marketing initiatives, our services and products and those of our related companies and other organisations;
- to conduct business planning and product development, including analysing general statistical information regarding the use of our App;
- to communicate with you;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- for any purpose disclosed to you and to which you have consented;
- for any purpose that you would otherwise reasonably expect; and
- otherwise to appropriately manage and conduct our business, including performing administrative functions such as billing and accounts and records management.
We may disclose personal information to our related companies, our agents, third parties such as our suppliers, joint venture partners, organisations that provide us with technical and support services, and our professional advisors, where legally permitted. We may also disclose personal information to entities seeking to acquire all or part of our business, or other entities with your consent, or otherwise in accordance with the Privacy Act. If we disclose information to a third party, we generally require that the third party protect that information to the same extent that we do.
- Overseas transfers of personal information
We may disclose personal information, including credit information, between our related bodies corporate, where legally permitted.
- Direct marketing
Like most businesses, marketing is important to our continued success. We believe we have a unique range of services and products that we provide to customers at a high standard. We therefore like to stay in touch with customers and let them know about new opportunities.
From time to time we may contact you with information about new products, services and promotions either from us, or from third parties which may be of interest to you. In these situations your personally identifiable information is not transferred to the third party. We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
You may opt out at any time from receiving communications from us that are not account-related or legally required by making a request in writing to email@example.com, or by clicking on the Unsubscribe button in any email correspondence you receive from us.
- Protection of personal information
We will hold personal information as either secure physical records, electronically on our intranet system, in cloud storage, and in some cases, on third party servers which may be located overseas.
We maintain appropriate physical, procedural and technical security for our offices and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, interference, unauthorised access, disclosure, or modification of personal information, including when we dispose of personal information.
We further protect personal information by restricting access to personal information to only those who need access to the personal information to do their job. Physical, electronic and managerial procedures have been employed to safeguard the security and integrity of your personal information.
We will destroy or de-identify personal information once it is no longer needed for a valid purpose or required to be kept by law.
Your account is also protected by a password for your privacy and security. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your passwords and / or account information at all times.
- Third Parties
This App makes use of a Maps API provided by a third party to assist with location based information.
- Accessing and correcting your personal information
You may request access to personal information we hold about you. On the rare occasions when we refuse access, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for refusing access. We may seek to recover reasonable costs incurred for providing you with access to any of the personal information about you held by us.
You may also request that information about you be corrected if you do not think that it is accurate. We are not obliged to correct any of your personal information if we do not agree that it requires correction and we may refuse to do so. If we refuse a correction request, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for refusing.
Requests to access or correct personal information should be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.Personal information can also be updated through the App in your account settings. We will respond to all requests to access or correct personal information within a reasonable time.
- Resolving personal information concerns